Saturday, October 2, 2010

Mega Man Saturday


Why, you ask? Why not, I say! Sure, these are pretty rough drawings. And that second one has some pretty questionable use of color. (Gag!)

Mega Man was one of the early Nintendo games that reignited my love of video games after the slow death of Atari 2600. Now to be clear, I've never played Mega Man 1. I began with MM2 and played several of the subsequent games.

Mega Man 2 is one of my all time favorite games. What's not to like? Not only are you a little blue robot running around shooting a ridiculous amount of other robots built to reflect the themes of very specific stages, but you get to steal the unique powers of the bosses! Imagine using Flash Man's powers to stop time! Bubble Man's metal bubble attack! (Make sense of that, I dare you.) Or Metal Man's high speed buzzsaws! Plus Heat Man even LOOKS like a lighter!

No comments:

Post a Comment